Importing references from Google Scholar into APA Style Central
1. Select " (quotation link) at the bottom of the Google Scholar citation
2. Select RefMan link
3. This creates a download and depending on your browser, you must pay attention to where the file downloads.
4. The download is a RIS file. Your file will be named scholar(x).RIS
5. Open up your APA Style Central Page. Log into your APA Style Central Account.
6. Go to "Your References" Under the "Research Tab"
7. Select "Add References" and the select "Import"
8. Choose RIS File Origin (for Google Scholar choose any selection)
9. For Upload RIS file: choose the file you downloaded in steps 2 & 3.
10. Click Submit and View Imported Record
11. You now have your APA citation ready for insertion into your paper.
12. Questions contact Chris at email@example.com or 317-955-6584
Importing references from Ebsco Databases
It is very easy to import references from Ebsco Databases.
1. Find your article in (MEDLINE / ASP / CINAHL etc...)
2. Select Export from the menu on the right hand side.
3. Be sure to select Direct Export to RIS Format.
4. This will create a file called delivery(x).RIS -- depending on your browser be sure to note where this file is downloaded too.