What's in this guide
- The information in this guide refers to EndNote X7 (Desktop/Client version).
- Some of the features mentioned are not available in earlier versions of EndNote.
- Get started creating your library, backing up your library
- Add References to your library
- Edit, Organize, Share your bibliography
- Find Full Text by configuring Endnote to retreive PDFs automatically
About EndNote. Basic vs Advanced
EndNote is a program designed to help you manage your research: organize references, keep track of PDFs and attachments, search across the content of PDFs, and create citations and bibliographies as you write.
Marian University offers two different types of EndNote access.
EndNote Online (Web) is available to any Marian student, faculty, staff member, who registers with their Marian University e-mail account.
EndNote Online is considered the "basic" EndNote offering. While the features of EndNote Online are basic, it's still perfect for the new-to research and writing student.
Option 2: Advanced
EndNote x7 (Client/Desktop). EndNote x7 is available only from all campus computers. It is considered the more advanced option of the two, with the primary advantage of holding more storage for references and searching for full text pdf's of your citations.
Comparison - Capacity - Capabilities of EndNote Online vs Endnote x7 (Client/Desktop)
** See the Comparison Chart **