Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
CONTACTLESS PICK-UP INSTRUCTIONS:
The Mother Theresa Hackelmeier Memorial Library is now offering the option to requests on our own items for contactless pick-up of library materials to help with the research needs of students, faculty, and staff.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO PLACE A HOLD FOR CONTACTLESS PICKUP
(Please note our instructions have recently changed)
- Check our catalog for available books and DVDs. You can also browse our Leisure Reading books.
- Under check availability, select PLACE HOLD under Hackelmeier Memorial Library and complete the form.
- Library staff will pull items and prepare them for pick-up. You will receive an automated confirmation email from the library when your request is ready.
- Hold items can be found on the cart next to our blue service counter.
- Identify your hold by the first 4 letters of your last name and the last 4 digits of your barcode.
- Take your holds to the counter for contactless checkout.
- If you need to return items, please use the book drop inside or the our outdoor book return at the West library entrance.
GENERAL LIBRARY FAQS:
What are COVID-19 safety procedures within the library?
The entire library building is open, but chairs have been spaced to promote social distancing.
Disinfectant wipes are available in white tubs on each floor. Please wipe shared surfaces (tables, keyboards, mice) before and after use.
Masks must be worn in the library.
I have a research project. What do I do now?
Let us help you online! Contact us via chat, schedule an online appointment with a librarian, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if I can't make it back to return items I have checked out?
We are not charging overdue fines for books and DVDs. You can request a renewal of the item or if you live in Indiana, you can return it to your local academic or public library.
I have a book or DVD due over break. How do I renew it?
- If it's owned by Marian - Request a renewal via My Account
- If it's borrowed from a PALNI school - Contact the library to request a renewal (email@example.com or 317.955.6090)
- If it's an interlibrary loan - Request a renewal via Illiad.
I want to return a book or DVD before classes start in the Spring. How can I do that?
The library will be open modified hours between semesters. You can return items inside the library or at our outside book drop at the West door.
If you live in Indiana or near an Indiana library, you can also return Marian items to any library in Indiana.
Thanks to Indiana State Library and Academic Libraries of Indiana (ALI), students may now return items borrowed from Marian University to any library in Indiana. This is a temporary service to address statewide library building closures due to COVID-19.
What items can be returned?
Only books and DVDs may be returned to your local library.
Laptops and equipment must be returned to Marian University's Library in person
Where to return items
Return books or DVDs to your local public or academic library.
Libraries are not all reopening at the same time. Some libraries have outdoor book returns available, and some don't. Please verify that your local library is currently accepting returns.
We are not charging late fees for overdue items.
Items borrowed via interlibrary loan or PALShare can be returned anywhere as well. Make sure all paperwork remains with the book.
The library has a limited number of laptops available for short-term (24 hours) loan. Stop by the blue service counter on the first floor to check out a laptop. The are also PCs and Macs available for use on the library's first floor.
I need a laptop for a longer period of time.